The Strategic Plan Action and Resource Committee (SPARC) is reviewing preliminary proposals for FY 2024 P3 initiatives to support the University of Iowa Strategic Plan for 2022-2027.
P3 funds are non-recurring funds that can be requested for a one-to-three-year time period.
Preliminary proposals for FY 2024 P3 funds were due by Oct. 31, 2022.
The University of Iowa Strategic Plan Action and Resource Committee (SPARC) will review the preliminary proposals and submit recommendations to the provost for evaluation. Members of SPARC will also be eligible to utilize the process for requesting P3 funding. Proposals submitted by a member of a SPARC workgroup will be assigned to a separate SPARC workgroup for review. Following discussion of the preliminary proposals, SPARC will submit recommendations to the provost for evaluation.
Project leads of selected proposals will be notified by Dec. 8, 2022 if they are invited to submit a full application. Full applications will be due by March 10, 2023.
The P3 Program will provide resources that are essential for the implementation of the strategic plan. By investing in the priority areas of the strategic plan, P3 will help the University of Iowa progress toward its vision of being a destination university—the first choice for students, faculty, and staff. Therefore, preliminary proposals are expected to illustrate how proposed projects impact and align with the 2022-2027 UI Strategic Plan.
Projects should demonstrate the following criteria:
- Institutional-level high impact (i.e., a high return on investment) across more than one strategic priority area (excellence in teaching and learning, innovative research and creative discovery, welcoming and inclusive environment, holistic well-being and success, and/or transformative societal impact). Projects should specifically align with one or more 2022-2027 UI Strategic Plan goals, objectives, and strategies and have the potential to make measurable (or significant) progress toward one or more overarching metric;
- How project activities are outside of scope, or unable to be supported, through the current budget model; project activities should extend beyond core functions or operations related to the central missions of teaching, research, and service;
- The potential for longevity beyond the funding period, whether the project is able to leverage additional funds (i.e., grants, philanthropy, and/or other strategies) or to continue project activities by making them a regular part of institutional operations; and
- Cross-campus collaborations, including interdisciplinary, cross-unit activities that build on existing strengths and/or areas of opportunity for growth and distinction.
The preliminary proposal must include:
- Project title
- Project lead (include name, title, college/unit)
- List of project collaborators (include names, titles, colleges/units)
- Summary of project purpose including how it meets the above criteria
- Assessment plan that includes intended benchmarks and expected outcomes
- Budget information, including collaborating partner contributions
Review FY 2024 Process and Timeline
View Information Session Slides
View the P3 Annual Report