Foster a campus culture in which UI faculty, students, and staff can maximize their research productivity. (Aligned with BOR SP Objectives 1.3, 2.1, 3.3)
- Provide units with significant flexibility in such areas as effort allocation, retention, staff support, reporting procedures, and infrastructure.
- Invest in our strength as a comprehensive research university, as measured by AAU and other key metrics.
- Work with our legislators and other public and private leaders to secure the funding that is critical to our research mission.
- Coordinate the processes by which colleges and their units work with the UI Foundation to seek supplemental research support.
- Recognize and credit faculty and staff—at all stages of review—for their achievements in research, collaboration, teaching, and engagement.
- Invest in graduate and professional student research as integral to our mission as an R1 research university, and increase the number of research opportunities for undergraduate students in a way that highlights the distinctiveness of a UI education.