Our goal is to expand the university’s impact on local and regional communities, the state of Iowa, and the world by leveraging its areas of distinction, the resources entrusted to it, and the collective talent of its people.
The Transformative Societal Impact priority establishes strategies to increase access to higher education in Iowa, expand community engagement opportunities, advance sustainability, enhance communication, and maintain our high standard of excellent health care services.
This work will allow us to continue making significant contributions to the lives of people on our campus, within the state, and throughout the world while enriching the student experience and adhering to the university's teaching, research, and public service missions.
Highlights and Success
"I'm really excited about recent work to expand opportunities for faculty training on campus. The Faculty Engagement Core will help teach faculty how to incorporate community engagement into the classroom."
Measuring Our Progress
The university has set specific five-year targets for the following high-level indicators, and will report on progress toward meeting these targets annually.
Continued Commitment to Sustainability
GOALS FOR 2027:
- Reach 75% of undergraduate students completing a sustainability-focused course
- Reach 100% of new buildings and renovations meeting or exceeding LEED thresholds
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 47%
Achieving Our Vision for UI Health Care
GOALS FOR 2027:
- Increase patient capacity and unique annual patient encounters across all UI Health Care settings by 10%
- Rank in the top 50 of Vizient Quality and Accountability Study of comprehensive academic medical centers